Saturday, June 25, 2011

Skin You're In



 One mask is $42 for 1.8 oz and the other is $3.99 for 6oz. Not too hard to figure out, so funny! But the Elemis is worth it. Ever since I spent a few days with a sample, I've been wanting a full bottle. The Freeman mask has been fine (very helpful) but it's just not the same.

Straight from my dermatologist
Acne myths: Caused by foods we eat/dirty skin.
Fact: Caused by bacteria that live beneath the surface and hormones.

Myth: You should scrub scrub scrub your face when you wash, to get all the dead skin, dirt and oil off.
Fact: Be as gentle as possible using only your fingers.

Myth: Sunscreen isn't always necessary.
Fact: Use it everyday you'll be exposed to the sun!!! Meaning...everyday.

Straight from me and my other sources
Myth: Oily skin doesn't need moisturizer.
Fact: Using an oil free moisturizer will help regulate your skin.

Myth: Salycilic acid is the best acne fighter.
Fact: Benzoyl Peroxide is what works best for me and is a main ingredient in Zapzyt, Proactiv, and other great products.

Myth: Never pop a pimple.
Fact: If the gross stuff is visible on the surface (blackhead/whitehead) there are safe ways to EXTRACT it. There are also professionals who will do this for you!!

 My skin is wonderful these days, since visiting the derm. And it wasn't as expensive as I thought it would be! One of my meds is $5 and the other was $300...but the Dr. gave me a coupon to get it for free. I only had to attend one $50 visit...If you're having trouble with your skin, it's a much better investment to see a dermatologist than to waste $$$ on all these "miracle" products.

3 comments:

  1. aah this is really interesting, and I agree =) my dermatologist said this kind of stuff too cuz I asked her a lot about skin myth and fact ^^
    thx for sharing~

    http://sparkleapple.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. fortunately, i don't have acne problems with my skin. i used to have though. from my experience, i agree with what you wrote here! :D

    thank you for leaving a nice comment on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Lina Kim ♥ and Sakura: You're welcome, and I'm glad you agree!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing!